So you’ve decided that this is the year for you and your family to rekindle your oral health. You want to find a dentist to meet your varied needs, but you’re wondering, “How do I identify the right professional?” You need to know the basic traits to be on the lookout for when deciding on the right dentist in Milpitas. Therefore, you will feel confident and comfortable every time you and your family go for visits. Continue reading to learn what these traits are.
WHAT TO CONSIDER WHEN LOOKING FOR A DENTIST
Before you make a decision on the dentist for your family, take the time to consider these 5 items:
- Convenience – With all the constraints on your time and obligations that you have to juggle, it’s important that you choose a dentist that is conveniently located to where you live. Also, take a close look at their days and hours of operation to make sure that they will work with your schedule.
- Compatible – You want to find a dentist that you feel a sense of compatibility with, especially if you or any of your family members have anxieties about office visits. The right dentist will be patient, understanding and willing to share the information that is necessary to calm any frazzled nerves.
- Rapport with Children – Your new dentist should be diverse enough to talk to you about the “big picture” aspects of your care, yet relatable enough to make your children feel comfortable about their visits.
- State Licensing – Your dentist should be licensed by the respective state board. You can check their local website to confirm your dentist’s credentials.
- Emergency Services – Find out how your dentist’s emergency services operate and what the procedure is if you have an emergency during business hours, at night or on the weekend.
THE TIME IS NOW
The beginning of the year is an excellent time to take advantage of your renewed dental insurance, which could cover up to 100% of your preventive care. This will allow you to reignite your oral health and put your master plan into action, so don’t let the details that you should be considering deter you. Apply the above criteria so that you’ll find the right local dentist to meet every item on your list of desirable qualities, and your family will be able to build a lasting relationship with her for years to come.
About the Author
Dr. Sumity Sharma earned her dental degree from the Government College of Dentistry in Indore, India. Licensed by the California Dental Board, Dr. Sharma employs state-of-the-art technology to deliver care, yet she still believes in the power and significance of human interaction. She practices at California Happy Teeth Family Dentistry and can be reached for more information through her website.